• Vergroot lettergrootte
  • Standaard lettergrootte
  • Verklein lettergrootte
Home Lean Six Sigma Management als verspilling volgens John Seddon
Management als verspilling volgens John Seddon

deming variatie prestaties systeem

John Seddon doet in zijn boek The Whitehall Effect de onderstaande - scherpe - constatering over de zinloosheid van het merendeel van de tijd en moeite die het management stop in het oplossen van prestatie-problemen:

verspilling john seddon lean

The quality theorists teach that more than 95% of the causes of performance are attributable to the system, the remaining 5% to the people who work in it'. If that is true (and it is), imagine the implications for all the 'people management' activities carried out in organisations: performance appraisal, motivational programmes, staff surveys, culture audits, managing the poor performer, and the like. Imagine the futility of phrases like 'our people are our most important asset', 'putting people first' and 'quality means you!' But that's how it is. So much of management's attention is directed to the 5%, not the 95%. It is the reverse of what is required: an almost entire waste of time, energy and talent.

Bron: The Whitehall Effect - How Whitehall Became the Enemy of Great Public Services and What We Can Do about It, John Seddon



The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

Tom Cargill





Lean boeken top 5

(maart 2016)

We hebben 58 gasten online

vision action barker passes time change world quote


macht aardige mens pacelle goethem shortcuts overtuigingskracht

Macht aan de aardige mens
Shortcuts naar overtuigingskracht
Pacelle van Goethem

Bij Bol.com | Managementboek

Lean boekentips